Thursday, June 9, 2011

A whirlwind of thoughts...

  I begin my blog post with an apology:  I am still groggy from the flight, sore from an accident, and thoroughly jumbled in my mind from too much stimulation.  It is 7:34am Eastern Time (that would be 10:34am Pacific Time), I've been up for about an hour, after a rough night of sleep, and I'm still processing, recovering, healing and sipping coffee.
 
  Wednesday morning was my first flight in an airliner.  I've been in a Cessna 170 three times in the past, and I was sick for 50% of my flights so far (got sick after one of the flights - that's half right?).  We rode in a McDonnel Douglas MD-80 with American Airlines.  Cramped yes - but also cheap. 
  We started at Ontario Airport in California and wow- you should have seen us.  We were 3 hours early because we were afraid of being late or missing the flight (seen too many movies where the people RUN through the airport and we didn't want to be those people).  We wandered in with HUGE eyes - and began the process.  We were so excited (Kat was nervous) and confused - and EVERYONE knew it.  Total newbies. 
 Went through security in a flash -thank God for a nice man who could tell we didn't know what we were doing and gave us some direction (not everyone in the world is a jerk; we were surprised (yes, we assumed he was a pervert at first...)).  I walked through security with my hands in the air like I was getting arrested - yes I made the lady suspicious... LAUGH OUT LOUD!  I didn't mean to be such a weirdo, I just can't help myself and I was so flustered.
  Finally made it to the gate with all our stuff intact and our shoes back on our feet.  3 hours...we settled into the disable persons area where there was an outlet for our electronics and kicked back.
  When it was time to board finally, we were all 'oohs' and 'ahhs' as we walked through the chute and into the plane.  The folks behind us were not patient with our giggling and stopping to inspect everything.
  Had a nice flight and by the time we were boarding the 2nd plane in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX - we felt like pros.  Acted more like it too.  I'm sure all the other passengers were grateful too.
  Landed safely in Charlotte, NC at about 9pm EST.  We walked and walked and walked and walked through the prettiest airport in the US, but never saw it.  We were tired and trying not to trip on and off the moving walkways.  Our only priority was finding a bathroom.
 
  So here we are, in Columbia, SC, enjoying the company of my sisters and my brother-in-law.  It's hot and sticky here - I'm definitely not used to it.  Got up late - not used to the time change either.  We've got a full week planned and can't wait to get started, but we're a little short on energy.
  I said at the beginning of my blog that I have had a lot on my mind;  well, here it is in short:
  Scott got a new job offer (we've been praying for a year) and it will require a move (IN JULY!),  I am trying to learn how to be a better example to my sister and not be so judgmental, and ...um....Ok...there was something else, but it's gotten lost....somewhere.....
  I have these little trolls that work in the office in my brain, and they are total slackers.  They sit around, tossing wads of paper (important papers) into the trash can and betting on how many they can miss.  Then, I ask them to pull up a simple memory and they scramble to help me out.  They mean well, but they still can't get it together.  They pull up the wrong thing (wrong memory), they grab the wads out of the trash and try to decipher them (diluted and convoluted memories), or, when all else fails - they simply make up a load of poo to hand to me as the legitimate memory - and I believe them.  I really need some new workers, but can't seem to get rid of these guys.  They'll be the death of me I suppose...
  Well, we are touring CIU, Columbia International University today.  It's where my big sister and her husband are earning their Master's degrees in ESL and Divinity, respectively.
  I'm not even dressed yet.  Ok, troll guys, here we go.  Help me out a little bit today....

No comments:

Post a Comment